Friday, June 01, 2012

7 Shades Of Blue - Day 5 - L'Oreal 235

Todays blue is an oldie but a goodie, and it's probably the oldest polish that I'm including in this series of posts, I wouldn't be surprised if it was nearly 10 years old.

One great thing about nail polish is that as long as the seal between cap and bottle is good most polishes will be perfect to use for years, and those that go a bit gloopy can still be saved by adding some thinner, I wouldn't put any of my 10 year old eye makeup on my face, but I have no issues with 10 year old polish on my nails. :-)

L'Oreal Jet-set Nail Polish in Shade 235

Okay, so not the best bottle shot ever, but I wanted to show you how beautiful it looks in the bottle, it's all glowing and lovely.

Now it's time to see what it looks like on the nail, I'm not even going to try to describe this polish, I'll let the polish itself and the several photos I took do all the talking...





Isn't it just stunning, old L'Oreal's rock, the only thing that doesn't rock is that it doesn't have a name, just an imagination free number. Now if I had my own nail polish company, the next best thing after coming up with cool colours is coming up with cool names, but it seems that L'Oreal back then couldn't really be bothered, they could've at least called it Royal or something, as that's exactly what it is.

The polish was a breeze to use, nice and runny but not too thin a formula, and I think I might've used three coats here (you'd think I'd be able to remember considering I only did this swatch last week, I must start taking notes). My only issue was the brush, and I've had this problem on a few old L'Oreals, it was all flared out which made it tricky to to get a neat finish, but I think I did okay with it considering.

So, that's five blue polishes down and two more to go, I hope you're enjoying these posts and hopefully you'll like what else I've got to show you.

Cheerio for now,

Heather. :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment