Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Revlon's Wild Orchid - Nail Polish Review

Well considering I wouldn't class myself as the type of girl who likes pink, I've managed to collect an awful lot of pink nail polish, I didn't mean too, but I can't resist anything that looks even just a little bit interesting, if it's got glitter or a nice shimmer in it, it's mine, and that applies to pretty much every colour to be honest!

Anyway, I'm going to show you one of the first pinks I owned and it's really quite a lovely one.
Revlon - Wild Orchid
This is Revlon's Wild Orchid, it's a light sheer pink (three coats and I still had vnl), but what makes this special is that it has a blue shimmery flash, but not just that, it has lovely tiny bits of holographic glitter in it! I think it's quite possibly the prettiest looking bottle of pink polish I own, and It's worth having just because of how it looks in the bottle, but it's nice on the nail too.

Revlon Wild Orchid
It's alot brighter than it's showing in the photo, but at least you can see the blue flash and the holo glitter. I was abit sad that it was so sheer, but I should've guessed really as it doesn't look like it'd be opaque. I really hate vnl, but for some reason I didn't mind so much with Wild Orchid, I found myself looking at my nails all the time, I just loved catching the blue flash, and indoors the glitter just looks lovely, I do like a twinkly nail. :-)

The pink base really didn't suit my skin tone, it's the first time I've ever thought that about a polish, although it's the first time I've ever worn such a light pink, but I'm the type of girl that thinks who cares if it suits me or not, if I like it, I'm wearing it! What else can I tell you about this polish? Well, I used three coats, it dryed really quick and was easy to use and covered well. It did chip after a day, but I think that was to do with using a crappy clear polish instead of a proper base coat, after it chipped it didn't chip again until a few days later, with just the usual tip wear.

I'm glad to have this one in my collection, I think it's pretty unusal and happily it only cost me £1.50 at a little market stall in my home town. What I would love to know is when it was released and what collection it was part of, if you know please let me know.

So what do you think of pink polish? Is pink an over looked colour or is it as equally as popular as all the weird and more funky colours?

Cheerio for now,

Heather.

No comments:

Post a Comment